Hello guys ,Back with my favourite recipe Aloo paratha. My son and me are fond of any kind of roti's and paratha's. Whenever I ask my son , what tiffin he wants he will immediately say chapathi. But he will not take it with sidedish , he will have cheese or butter. So I thought Ill make him stuffed chapathi's so that he can also have the nutrients of vegetables. The easiest Paratha is Aloo paratha. As we will mostly have Potato at home
U jus need to boil the potatoes. I also give this for his lunch because it stays soft for longer time .You know I was not able to make these stuffed paratha's before. One time stuffings will come out another time it will be torn or it will not be in round shape. But I did not leave it. I found out easy ways to make these parata's and now its perfect. Let me share it with you , so that u can also make these paratha's easily.
Ull Need -
- Potatoes - 3 (med size)
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Dhania powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 pinch
- Hing - 1 pinch
- Green chilly - 1
- Coriander - little
- Pudhina - little
- Ajwain / Omam - a pinch
- Oil / ghee for smearing
- Water for Kneeding
- Cut Potatoes into cubes , put to a bowl and add water till the potatoes are immersed and cook it in cooker for 4 whistles till the potatoes are soft.
- In a bowl add Wheat Flour , salt, ajwain, and 1 tsp oil and mix well
- Now add water Little by little and make dough and keep it closed.
- The dough should neither be very soft nor very hard.
- After the cooker releases peel the potatoes and mash well with your hand.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder , Dhania and Jeera powder , little hing and mix well
- Cut green chilly , coriander and pudhina into very small bits and add it to the potato mixture.
- Make these into small balls.
- Now kneed the dough again and take a small ball. (This must be little bigger than the potato balls)
- Heat the pan for making parathas
- Roll it into a small disc.
- Place the potato ball in center and jus press a little to flatten it.
- Now take the sides of the dough and bring it together so that there is no air gap between the dough and the potato mixture
- The excess mounted dough must be sealed (like our Pillayar kozhakattai).
- Now jus press a little, dust in the flour and roll as chapathi if you seal properly the mixture will not come out.(see below pics)
- Place the Paratha in the pan , when it becomes fluffy turn it.
- Smear oil / ghee all over the paratha on bothe sides.
- Do not keep the parathas in the pan for longer time as it will become hard
- Take it off once its done and apply Amul Salted butter on top and serve
- Your Yummy Parathas are ready to pack for lunch.
If you are packing for lunch , Keep the paratha in Hotpack for 10 - 15 min and then pack in the lunch box so that it will be soft for longer time.
See u with another interesting recipe....