Here is another easy recipe which you can pack for lunch. These kinds of rice are always good as it contains both rice and vegetables and u can just eat with a sauce or raitha. I have added babycorn to this as my son likes babycorn and on seeing it atleast he'll eat and it will fill his stomach. U also get lots of baby corn nowadays which is removed from its hob , u jus need to cut it and boil it and its easy to cook too. Most of the dishes in our house will be less spicy as my kids will not eat if its very spicy , so you can add the spices as per your taste.
Ull Need :
- Basmathi Rice - 1 n half Cup
- Onion - 1 big
- Carrot - 1
- Beans - 5 or 6
- Babycorn - 7 or 8
- Capsicum - 1 med
- Pudhina - Little
- Pepper powder - 2 tsp
- Salt for taste
- Dhania powder - 1 tsp (Optional)
- Soya sauce - 3 drops
For Seasoning :
- Cinnamon - 3
- Cloves - 2
- Elachi - 1
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste
- Green chilly - 1 slit into long strips
- Wash and Soak Basmathi Rice for Half n hour .
- Meanwhile cut all vegetables in small pieces (Onion, carrot, beans, capsicum)
- Cut babycorn into small round pieces or long thin strands.
- Heat a pan add 2 tablespoon oil , as it is for kids you can add 1 tsp Butter.
- When the butter melts add the sesonings one by one.
- Then add gingergarlic pate and greenchilly.
- Add Onion and fry well till it becomes soft and till raw smell goes.
- Now add beans,after a min add carrot and fry little
- Then add Babycorn and capsicum and mix them well
- Now add Pepper powder, Dhania powder, Salt and give a nice stir.
- Cut pudhina into small pieces and add it to the rice (this will give good flavour for your rice and its helpful for digestion also) add 3 drops of soyasauce
- Wait for 2 min. Drain water from the rice and mix the rice and fry it for 1 min
- Now add water as per the rice measurement. For one cup of rice add 2 cup of water
- if you have 1 1/2 rice then add 3 cups of water.
- Pour this mixture to a cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- When it cools remove the whistle and serve or pack for lunch with Onion Raitha or Capsicum Raitha and sauce
|Babycorn Veg Rice with Capsicum Raitha & Sauce|
- Add salt carefully. Generally these rice needs more salt as it is cooked with rice so you may need more salt
- You can add salt and pepper as per your taste at end also.
- You can add peas , it will taste even better
Linking this to Spotlight - Rice/Roti/Pulao/Poori