Bonda is a easy and authentic recipe , it doesnt need lots of ingredients. Sometimes when i want to make vada in auspicious days, it will not comes out well , during that time Ill jus add some pepper and curry leaves and make is it as bonda.
Ull Need :1. Urud dhall - 2 cups
2. Greenchilly - 1
3. Pepper - 10 - 12
4. Curry leaves
6. Oil for frying
1. Soak Urud dhall in Hot water for 20 min.
2. Drain all the water and transfer it to a mixie jar.
3. Add salt and green chilly and grind well to a smooth paste.
4. Add water only if necessary. When u take a small portion it must drop like a ball,
5. Put this mixture in a bowl and mix it with pepper and chopped curry leaves.
6. Heat oil in a kadai.
7. Take a small portion from the mixture and drop it in the kadai.
8. You can take the mixture from the bowl with your hand or a spoon.
9. Turn both sides and fry till golden brown.
10. It will taste very good when served with Coconut chutney.