Methi Leaves help us to be healthy in many ways Consuming fenugreek leaves which are a rich source of iron is highly beneficial for those suffering from anemia. Both the leaves and seeds of this bitter tasting vegetable are fit for consumption. But my son will avoid if it tastes bitter. So I prepare this dish which contains lots of methi and it will not be taste bitter at all. Lets make this recipe now.
Ull Need :
1. Basmathi Rice - 1Cup
2. Methi Leaves - 1 cup
3. Onion (Chopped) - 1 cup
4. Tomato (Chopped) - 1 cup
5. Turmeric Powder - 1tsp
6. Garam Masala - 1tsp
7. Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
8. Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
9. Coriander Leaves - 1/2 Cup
For Seasoning :1. Oil
2. Saunf - 1/2 tsp
3. Jeera - 1/2 tsp
4. Bay leaf - 1
1. Wash and soak Basmathi Rice.
2. Heat a Pan and add oil and the above mentioned seasonings.
3. When it splutters add Onion , once it becomes transparent add tomato and cook well till oil splits from the mixture.
4. Add Turmeric, Chilly, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder and salt and mix well.
5. After 2 min add Methi leaves and Coriander leaves and off the stove immediately.
6. Heat Oil or Butter in a Cooker.
7. Drain the water from Basmathi Rice and fry the rice in butter for 2 min.
8. Add the Methi mixture and salt to the rice.(Add salt just for rice alone as we have already added for the Methi mixture)
9. Add 1:2 water and cook in cooker.
10. Serve with any raitha.
Linking this Recipe to EP-series- Fenugreek and green chilly and to Palakkadcooking
Also to Spotlight - Rice/Roti/Pulao/Poori