Tuesday 24 July 2012

Methi Bhaji






Yesterday I planned to do Chapati for dinner. I was thinking for a simple sidedish for chapati then I remembered that I had some left over Methi leaves in my refrigirator after doing Methi Pulao. I was searching for some new sidedish with Methi. In one of my cookery books I saw this recipe. And it turned out very well. Let me share this with you

Ull Need :


1. Onion - 1/2 Kg
2. Fresh Methi Leaves - 1 cup
3. Oil - 2 Tblsp
4. Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
5. Dhania powder - 1tsp
6. Jeera Powder -  1/2 tsp
7. Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
8. Salt - as reqd
9. Sugar - 1/2 tsp
10. Coocked Green Peas - 1/2 cup
11. Tomato Paste - 1/4 cup
12. Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp


Method :


1. Peel and grated onion using large eyed grater.
2. Wash and cut Methi leaves. (u can sprinkle some salt here if you do not like the bitter taste of methi , when you are adding squeeze the excess water.)
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add ginger garlic paste and then grated onion.
4. Fry till golden brown and then add dhania, jeera, red chilly, garam masala powder.
5. Saute for few min and add the methi leaves and fry for few min in low flame.
6. Add tomato paste, salt, little sugar and cook till it becomes thick.
7. Serve hot with chapathi or can be used as bread topping also.


Linking this recipe EP-series- Fenugreek and green chilly and Palakkadcooking



1 comment:

  1. Delicious side dish...perfect with chapathis..
    Thanks for linking dear.

    ReplyDelete