I used to see some Hindi serials , in those serials they’ll say I made Thepla . This was very much tempting for me I thought these Thepla’s are something very difficult to be done. I started searching recipe for this Thepla. And then I found out that it was a easy and tasty too. Generally my son will not have methi leaves as tastes bitter but he liked it very much. It did not have the bitter taste. You can jus eat with a pickle or raitha or butter as it will have some spices in it. This is a very good take away recipe as it will be soft for long time.
1. Wheat Flour – 1cup
2. Besan Flour – ¼ Cup
3. Methi Leaves – 1cup
4. Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
5. Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
6. Jeera Powder – ½ tsp
7. Chilly Powder – ½ tsp
8. Ajwain – ¼ tsp
9. Curd – 1tblsp
1. Wash the methi leaves drain the water.
2. In a basin add Wheat flour, Besan flour, salt, ajwain and 1tsp oil and mix well
3. Now add turmeric, coriander and jeera ,chilly powder and curd.
4. Add the methi leaves and mix again
5. Now start adding water little by little and make a dough
6. The dough should neither be hard nor soft.
7. Keep it aside for 10 to 15 min.
8. Make small balls out of it and roll it into chapathi’s.
9. Heat a pan and place this thepla.
10. When small bubbles comes turn apply oil on both sides
11. Cook till both sides are done.
12. Your theplas are done