This is my Grandma special Rasam. When its winter we used to get cold and fever often. If we take this Rasam made by her hand, Oh my god, All the cold and body pain will jus run away. Y.ou can also take it as a soup. When you take it hot, It will taste really good. Now I am goin to share the secret of this rasam.
Ull Need:1. Tamarind - 1 lime size
2. Tomato - 1
3. Pepper - 10 - 12
5. Thur dhall - 1/2 tsp
6. Jeera - 1 1/2 tsp
7. Pudhina - 1/2 cup
8. Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
9. Ginger - 1 inch
10. Red chilly - 1 (optional)
11. Garlic - 8 - 10
12. Arisi Thipilli - 7 - 8 pieces
(U can get this in any Nattu marundhu shop very usefull for cold, Jus buy once aand you can store for long time it will not get spoiled)
For Seasoning :1. Mustard - 1 tsp
2. Curry leaves
Method :1. Soak Tamarind in hot water for 10 min.
2. Heat kadai and dry roast Pepper, Thur dhall, Arisi thipilli, dhania, Red chilly(optional)
3. Roast till you get aroma and the dhall becomes red. Allow it to cool.
4. Extract the tamarind juice and bring it ti boil.
5. Add half ginger in the tamarind, salt.
6. Transfer the roasted items to a mixie jar and add jeera and grind till it becomes fine powder.
7. Now add pudhina and half coriander leaves and jus grind once.
8.Mix the powder to the tamarind juice.
9. Allow it to boil for 10 min
10. Heat little oil in kadai and fry garlic till raw smell goes and add to rasam.
11. After rasam boils well , jus add water and increase the quantity as required.
12. Add cut tomatoes.
13. Adjust salt as per your taste.
14. Season with Mustard and curry leaves.
Add spices as per your taste as it will be very spicy if you add more pepper.