This is one common food in our house whenever we have less sambar or rasam at home.Generally my son likes cabbage so he'll take this rice without any hesitation.And it is a easy recipe too.
Ull Need :
- Cabbage (Cut into small pieces) - 2 cups
- Onion (Cut into small pieces) - 1 cup
- Capsicum (Cut into small pieces) - 1 cup
- Basmathi Rice - 2 cups
For Grinding :
- Coriander leaves - 1 cup
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chilly - 1
- Cinnamon - 1 or 2 sticks
- Cloves - 3
- Elachi - 1
- Saunf- 1 tsp
- Cook Basmathi rice in 1:2 water ratio.
- Once rice is boiled spread it in a plate and allow it to cool.
- In a kadai pour needed oil and add onion.
- Once onion becomes transparent add capsicum and Cabbage.
- Fry for 1 min and sprinkle water and close with a lid.
- Cook till cabbage is 3/4th cooked. Sprinkle more water if necessary.
- In a mixie grind the items listed above.
- Add the gound mixture and salt to the cabbage.
- And cook well till raw smell goes.
- Add this to the rice and mix well.
- Add salt if necessary and sprinkle some coriander or spring onion leaves.
- Serve it with tomato sauce and papad.
Grind the mixture and add it immediately to the cabbage to get good green colour.
Add a pinch of sugar when you add cabbage so that cabbage will get cooked soon.
Linking this recipe to Spotlight - Rice/Roti/Pulou/Poori