Corn Tikkis are very easy, innovative and healthy dish. If there is a surprise guest in your house and if you do not have anything to give them, please try this out. Give them a juice or a coffee and then start doing Corn tikki's. Including preparation time this will take jus 15 min. But the main thing is that you must have sweet corn at home. I generally have a extra packet of sweet corn as it stays for a longer time. Come lets try this quick recope now
Ull Need :
- Sweet Corn - 2 cups
- Coriander leaves (chopped) - 1 cup
- Fried channadhal(Pottu Kadalai) - 1/2 cup
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Garam masala -1 tsp
- Maida (all pupose flour) - 1tblsp
- Thaw or wash sweet corn
- In a mixie jar add chopped Coriander leaves, jeera, Fried channa dhall, ginger garlic paste, greenchilly and grind them coarsly.
- Now add the sweet corn to the jar and grind very little coarsly.
- Shift to a bowl and add salt and garam masala.
- Add little maida mix well and see if you are able to make balls or tikkis(add more maida if reqd)
- For making Tikkis
- Heat Non stick tawa
- Take a small pinch from the mixture and flatten it in your hand and place it in the tawa
- Jus pour few drops of oil around the tikkis. Do four or five at a time.
- Wait for 2 min and turn the tikkis and again grease the tikkis with oil
- The tikkis are soft turn it carefully so that it doesnt break.
- To make balls jus roll mixture into small balls and deep fry them.My son loves it when its deep fried as it will be crispy outside and soft inside.
- This goes well with chilly sauce as corn have a sweet taste by nature.