This is a common sidedish which we take with chapathi or poori. We can call it easy and readymade sidedish as mostly we will have Potato and onion @ home. This is ever liking sidedish for my dad. Whenever my mom makes chapathi , immediately my dad will ask her to do Masal. Lets do this easy recipe now.
Ull Need :
- Potato - 4
- Onion -2
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Sambar Powder (or) Sabzi Masala - 2 tsp
- kasuri methi leaves
- Coriander leaves
For seasoning :
- Bengal Gram Dhall
- Urud Dhall
- Curry Leaves
- Cut Potatoes into half and Boil nicely in Cooker for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Cut Onions and ginger into small pieces.Slit greeen chillies.
- In a kadai heat oil and add all seasoning.
- Add onion and fry well.
- Release cooker and mash the potatoes.
- Add this Potatoes to the onion mixture, Now add turmeric Powder and Chilly Powder
- Mix well and add Sabzi masala / Sambar Powder (I generally use Everest Sabzi Masala and add to all my sidedishes, It will give a good aroma and enhance the taste of the sabzi)
- Crush very little Kasuri Methi in between your palms and add to subzi.
- Add water aas needed and mix well
- When the sabzi is done add Coriander leaves and serve with Chapathi or Pooris